Effective May 24th, 2018
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information from devices: When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
When you download or use our mobile applications or access one of our mobile optimized sites, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable location services in the device's settings menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device's location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or the manufacture of your particular device.
The information you provide to us: We may collect and store any information you provide us when you use ESL Passport Services, including when you add or update your account information, leave reviews, participate in community discussions, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding ESL Passport Services.
We may also collect information from or about you from other sources, such as through your contact with us, including our customer support team, your results when you respond to a survey, your interactions with members of the ESL Passport corporate family or other companies (subject to their privacy policies and applicable law), and from other accounts we have reason to believe you control (whether in part or in whole). Additionally, for quality and training purposes or for its own protection, ESL Passport may monitor or record its telephone conversations with you or anyone acting on your behalf. By communicating with ESL Passport, you acknowledge that your communication may be overheard, monitored, or recorded without further notice or warning.
Information from other sources: We may also obtain information about you from third parties such as various job boards, industry blogs, blacklists, certifying bodies, institutions, integrated social media channels and software programs.
To build our reports and databases to support a global transparent hub, we collect large imports of industry data from other public sources with the sole purpose of formulating industry trends and patterns for our annual global reports and database of business names. This includes but is not limited to business names, job posts, job details, job post contact information, a record of the source of job posts, job vacancy locations, and job posts titles.
USE OF INFORMATION
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- provide ESL Passport Services and customer support;
- verify your identity, including during account creation and password reset processes;
- offer coupons, discounts, and promotions;
- poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires;
- resolve disputes, and troubleshoot problems;
- manage risk, or to detect, prevent, and/or remediate fraud or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- detect, prevent or remediate violations of policies or applicable user agreements;
- improve the ESL Passport Services by customizing your user experience;
- measure the performance of the ESL Passport Services and improve their content and layout;
- manage and protect our information technology infrastructure;
- run analytics on industry trends;
- enforce our policies, applicable law, or any agreement we may have with you.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
We may share your personal information we collect from you, including your name, contact details, and transactions and activities, with:
- Members of the ESL Passport corporate family to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about their products, services, and communications. Members of our corporate family will use this information to send you marketing communications only if you have requested their services.
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process or requirement applicable to ESL Passport l or one of its affiliates; when we need to do so to comply with law or credit card rules; or when we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our User Agreement.
- Other unaffiliated third parties, for the following purposes:
- Shipping: in connection with shipping and related services for purchases made using ESL Passport.
- Legal Compliance: to help them comply with anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing verification requirements.
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work. Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at http://optout.aboutads.info/.
OUR POLICY TOWARD CHILDREN
In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) of 1998, the Services are not intended for use if you are under 13 years of age unless you have the consent of your parent or legal guardian.
Special consideration should be given to photos you post that may include the identity of children. Make sure you have the consent and permission of all youths' legal guardians and individuals in uploaded photos before posting to your ESL Passport profile.
Any information (e.g. name, email address, personal photographs) that you voluntarily disclose on our site may be collected and used by parties other than us and may result in unsolicited messages from other parties. If you post information, we have no control over this use of your information and, as such, cannot be responsible for it. We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to (a) delete any personal information we discover or which is brought to our attention, at any time, for any reason whatsoever; (b) immediately terminate your account.
Our Services contain links to other Web sites whose privacy practices may differ from those of ESL Passport. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any Web site you link to and visit.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access the personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information is corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us.
To your account: You can review and edit your personal information at any time by logging in to your account and reviewing your account settings and profile. You can also deactivate your account through ESL Passport's website. If you close your ESL Passport account, we will mark your account in our database as "Closed," but may retain personal information from your account for a 5 years time. We also may retain personal information from your account to collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, prevent fraud, enforce our User Agreement, or take other actions as required or permitted by law.
9600 Gaylord Pkwy #1204, Frisco, Texas, 75035, United States